Mike & Bernadine Nielsen

Mike: 604-315-3151 |

Bernadine: 604-619-2063 |


Is it Time for New Windows

Your windows can lose their 
efficiency over time, so it’s 
wise to check that the seals 
between the glass, frames and 
rough openings are intact. To 
do so, hold a candle flame 
near the edges while your air 
conditioning unit blower is off. If 
the candle flickers noticeably, it 
could indicate a draft that needs 
proper insulation – or a crack 
that needs repair in order to 
prevent further loss of expensive 
“conditioned” air. Other 
problems that may indicate 
you need new windows include 
moisture-damaged or rotted 
frames, condensation or fogging 
between double glazed panels, 
rattling or sticky operation, and 
poor noise filtering.
Your windows can lose their efficiency over time, so it’s wise to check that the seals between the glass, frames and rough openings are intact. To do so, hold a candle flame near the edges while your air conditioning unit blower is off. If the candle flickers noticeably, it could indicate a draft that needs proper insulation – or a crack that needs repair in order to prevent further loss of expensive “conditioned” air. Other problems that may indicate you need new windows include moisture-damaged or rotted frames, condensation or fogging between double glazed panels, rattling or sticky operation, and poor noise filtering.
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.