The internet can be a source of inspirational and unusual ways to use ordinary household items. Here are just a few examples:
1. Ketchup can be used to clean copper.
2. Lubricate a stuck zipper track by applying a drop of olive oil with a cosmetic swab-tip.
3. White vinegar will remove tea stains from a cup and coffee stains from your carafe, but be sure to rinsethem thoroughly.
4. Minor drain clogs can be cleared with half a cup of salt, followed by a quart of hot water.
5. If you break a drinking glass, a slice of white bread will pick up the tiniest shards from the floor.
6. Electrical tape can temporarily seal a leaking drain pipe. (Unlike water supply pipes, drains work by gravity, not pressure.)
Posts By Date